Friday, April 6, 2007
Chain tool anyone...
Sean and I escorted a Clemson mountain bike course to DuPont State Forest for an afternoon of riding Thursday. The weather was perfect! Clear skies, low humidity, and a temperature of around 50 degrees. For many of us, this was our first time at DuPont and our initial efforts yielded little single track riding. We rode on private property and fenced in areas with gravel fire roads. Luckily, we stumbled onto a security guard who was most helpful and gave us a map. Mental note, when you take a group into the woods have a map! After this we were able to navigate and find some awesome trails. I broke my chain close to the end of the ride and was thankful a student was so quick at helping me fix it. I get so frustrated fixing a chain, so I put the chain in my hand and started running. I realized I had so many problems in the past because a small component had been missing from my tool! DUH! Needless to say we all got out safe before dark. Enjoy the pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the blog, Melissa.
Post a Comment