Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mile 5425 Day 14

On Wednesday we drove, and then drove some more. We left Cheyenne,Wyoming in the morning, wishing we could have stayed for the Frontier Festival (not to be confused with the crazy Mormon Pioneer Day Festival). The police were blocking the roads for the cattle drive into downtown. I walked around some cowgirl shops and thought to myself, "I could live here!" Sean may have to adjust, but the cowboy hats, big belt buckles, and cowgirl bling bling is right up my alley! I could barrel race in a rodeo every weekend, although my Dad pointed out I may be to old to handle the rodeo again. Most of our trip consisted of the the flat plains with a lot of alternative energy plants. We decided to get a hotel room due to the heat and rain. We found a little Greek eatery and a laundry mat. I am typing this while watching a woman, who is finished with her laundry, watch Dog & The Bounty Hunter (a show my brother Brett and wife Christy turned us onto and LOVE IT), a trucker type with his jeans hanging to low neatly folding his clothes, and an old woman wiping down every machine she uses with bleach wipes before her clothes enter. I forget how interesting people are to watch. Tomorrow we decided to drive North to Minnesota in search of relief from the heat and rain. We hope to find a group ride and campsite. Friday we drive into Milwaukee to stay with friends and Sean will be racing with fresh legs.

2 comments:

Danna said...

Hey girl...you getting blog stalkers now?

Watch out for mosquitos in Minnesota after sunset. Jeff said it's a little confusing 'cause at first you think they're birds.

Melissa Weddell said...

Try blog spam! We are in WI now and they are as big as birds! The floods hit up here, so they are hatching at an alarming rate. Must go inside at sunset!