
I realize after chatting with various cyclist Tuesday at Donaldson there may be pink envy circulating the cycling scene.
One rider commented there was so much pink in the pack it looked like camouflage and he couldn’t tell us apart.
Another cyclist, for anonymity purposes I won’t name names,
Cass, made a dig at my new ultra hip retro Smith sunglasses by saying as she rode off, “and they’re pink!”
So as a result I thought I would take inventory of everything I owned pink.
I don’t know if it makes us ride faster or not, but we sure look good doing it!
And don’t worry, our new kits will be here soon, so it will be even pinker at Donaldson, plus who knows maybe we'll get a pink team car (although I refuse to sell MaryKay!)
Pink:
Helmet
Accent color in cycling shoes
Handlebar tape
Water bottles
Kit
Sunglasses (Multiple pairs)
Chaco’s
Dress shirts and skirts
Caroline’s sprinkles and icing on baked goods
2 comments:
Pink power...an inexplicable energy field, sort of like the Force. If Princess Leia had worn pink, she wouldn't have needed that stupid double-donut hairdo.
Don't forget toe nail polish! That enables us to kind of internalize the energy field.
Also, adding to the "pink" comments from Donaldson, a male approached Danna and me after the ride to chide us “devastated” (or decimated or dominated or desentagrated or desecrated desolated?—one of those “D” words) the field on Tuesday night. “you guys shattered the field and then just left!?” I think he added though “but you sure looked great!” Ladies, again I say to you, it’s not whether you win or lose, it is how you LOOK while you are playing the game!
Post a Comment