Since I can remember we go to the lakes for Memorial Day and in Indiana it was the official start of summer. I broke that tradition last year when Sean and I raced BURN, a 24 hour mountain bike race in Wilkesboro, NC on the Dark Mountain Trails. It seemed like a great idea to ring in our 10 year wedding anniversary; however, with a few stomach issues, heat, and lack of sleep I decided breaking that tradition was a bad idea! So, this year I went to the lakes and stayed at the Wood's Playground in Clemson which includes the Issaqueena Forest, Hartwell lake, and a pool. We had a great time and I love watching the kids grow up and pick on each other...it brings back great memories! Sean on the hand raced on a five man team for the 24 hours of BURN race. Although he had a great time, I think he'll be returning to my tradition next year too!

No comments:
Post a Comment