
We spent the weekend in Grandview, Ohio a suburb of Columbus. The
Tour of Grandview Cycling Classic is a great event in the streets of 1960's neighborhoods with sidewalks, friendly people, and small cafes. We stayed with a great host family, Steve and Scotty, who Sean, Weaver, and Rodney stayed with last year.
Team CTM raced well and enjoyed the local race scene. I decided to sit this race out due to lack of training time although I enjoyed watching the Women's races and new teams that have formed in the North. We borrowed a cool chopper bike from our host family to pedal around town-I felt so Euro! I miss the North in the summer...like the cool breezes, lush greenery, and establishments that are open on Sunday mornings. Sean heads to Louisville, KY on Wednesday for Masters Nationals and I travel to our lake home in Northern Indiana to stay with family over the 4th. Wish him luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment